Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Gardens

 
 
Kylemore Abbey located in Beautiful scenery in the heart of the Twelve Bens in Connemara, is home to the Irish Benedictine nuns.
 
The Abbey was originally built in 1868 by a Manchester business magnate Mitchell Henry, for his wife Margaret. Its design is neo-gothic and the house displays all the features of the period.
 
The Benedictine nuns bought the house in 1920, having fled their convent in Ypres, Belgium in 1914, where they ran an international boarding school for girls for over 300 years. They re-established the school here and it is still very much alive today.
 
Today you can enjoy the 'peace and tranquility' of Kylemore Abbey by visiting the Abbey and Gothic Church or the recently restored Victorian walled garden. 
 
 
 
Kylemore Abbey is a 35 minute drive from Peacockes Hotel
 
 

Contact

Address

Maam Cross,
Connemara,
Co. Galway

Phone

+353 (0)91 552 306

Email

info@peacockes.ie

Location

Select language

An image labelled Google Translate Logo